What to Expect
- A safe and sacred space to freely express yourself through movement.
- Conscious, respectful and playful community of dancers.
- An eclectic array of music to inspire and explore new ways to move your body.
- Altar space for contemplation, reflection and intention.
- Natural intoxicant of dance only. Drug and alcohol free.
- Opening and closing circle to create group intention, connection and sharing.
- Minimal facilitation. You are free to move as you wish.
- No dance training or experience necessary.
- Enjoy your own personal dance or spark up creative movement with others. It's your choice.
- Bring a water bottle. Bare feet or dance shoes. Comfortable clothing for movement. Be prepared to sweat.
A Variety of Music
Dance Temple is the heartbeat and core of a larger cultural transformation and foundation of a new community movement
where all are allowed to share their brilliance and express their shadow in a safe and respectful way.
It was founded to provide a safe space for creating an authentic experience with oneself and with each other, so that we may reveal, express, clear, centre and harmonize both individually and as a greater whole.
Dance Temple is a safe and sacred space for exploring creativity, prayers, and body awareness through movement. To hold this space we follow these simple guidelines:
1. Move however you wish
2. Refrain from talking on the dance floor
3. Respect yourself and one another
Dance Temple is a drug & alcohol free space. Please also refrain from photos, video, and shoes & scents. No pets inside on the dance floor.
Children are welcome and free of charge and we love all the fun-loving, high energy that they bring. We ask that parents/guardians please follow the guidelines around no talking on the dancefloor, help us keep a meditative space during the opening and closing times by either keeping your children nearby and quiet or taking them outside, and keep and eye on them at all times. Also know that we have some safety concerns with children not being able to be easily seen by other dancers on the dancefloor. Thank you for your help with this.
The Dance Temple Collective are always available for any feedback, questions, or comments.
We dance to free ourselves. We dance to come home. We dance to feel connection to each other. To the pulse. To our joy and our sorrow. To allow it all to move through. We dance like no one is watching or like the whole world is watching. We dance because we know it is the medicine we need. We dance to become the dance again and again.